Our team has unrivalled experience in the assessment of commonages and upland sites.
1. Production of the initial pilot commonage framework plans.
2. We produced five blocks of commonage framework plans including those around Bangor in Co. Mayo, Ardara and Glencolmcille in Co. Donegal and Waterville in Co. Kerry.
3. Approx half of the appeals produced under the CFP appeal procedure including Achill island.
4. Commonage monitoring on behalf of NPWS in the Owenduff area of North Mayo, the Sheefry hills also in Co. Mayo, the Twelve Bens and Maamturks in Co. Galway, the Galtee mountains and the McGillicuddy Reeks.
5.Provided Agri-Environmental expertise to the National Parks and Wildlife Service in the development of the NPWS Farm Plan Scheme including the production of its terms and Conditions Manual.
6. Wrote the manual for the assessment of freshwater pearl mussel catchments on behalf of the Dept of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
7. Produced Catchment Assessment Reports for the Bundorragha, Dawros and Owenriff catchments. These assessments of freshwater pearl mussel catchments are the only ones to date that have identified threats and proposed responses at a sub catchment level. While other firms can confirm presence/ absence of freshwater pearl mussels, we can assess the nature and scale of threats within the catchment and plan appropriate mitigation measures.